Thursday, September 29, 2011

Radical Attraction - A Law of Attraction Story

Radical Attraction is a novel of a Steve's adventures which involve in the visitation of difficulty and disaster. Through these disasters, Steve meets the mysterious Gus. A gentelman of suspect fashion sense he takes Steve under his wing and introduces him to the Law of Attraction. 


It seems Gus has a "secret" system  which utilises the Law of Attraction and he begins to teach Steve how to create the things he desires in his life.


For more stuff, go to my website:

www.practicalattraction.com.au

The story continues. Steve's life gets wilder and more complicated if that's possible. And his relationship with the mysterious relationship with Gus develops.

Chapter 3

  
Steve had decided that he would head to the park to get some quiet time to contemplate what the hell he was going to do with his life. He made to a short detour to his favourite café to pick up a jumbo latte from his favourite café, the “Lazy Dog.” The proprietor, Phi, handed it to him with and happy smile and wished a great day.

He was hoping to get some fresh air in the park to clear his head, which was somewhat  congested with the mess Jenny had created. As he entered the park, he once again made his way to his favourite park bench. All of sudden he was startled by the revving of an engine and the screeching of tyres. He turned to where the sound was coming from. To his surprise he saw a Mercedes SUV, apparently the same car that had been involved in the “T-boning” at the school. It was now sporting a huge dent in the front bonnet. It swerved off the park access road, mounted the footpath and was now charging towards him!

For a moment his feet were stuck to the spot. Like a rabbit caught in the headlights of a car he froze. He waived his hands to try and get the driver to slow down and turn off the footpath. Instead the SUV seemed to speed up, heading straight for Steve. Suddenly he felt somebody career into his shoulder, propelling him off the path and into the adjoining shrubbery. His jumbo latte flying into the air. Just as he hit the ground, the charging Mercedes flew past in a cloud of dust apparently heading for an exit on the other side of the park.

Steve began to lift himself from the ground and was startled to see that the person who had pushed him out of the path of the SUV was none other that Gus! Dressed in dark pin stripe trousers, hawiian shirt, green and blue plaid jacket topped with a straw boater he was certainly a colourful if somewhat dubious sight.

“Hi!” Gus chuckled. “It seems you’ve upset someone!”

“Yeah! Got no I do who, but they seem to have a hell of a temper!” Steve stuttered, being somewhat dazed by what had just transpired.  “That was some tackle you laid old fella!”

“I used to be a pretty good footballer! And who you calling old.”

“Certainly not you! Thanks for the great tackle! You saved my life! Thankyou so much!”

“You’re welcome.”  Replied Gus with a smile. “So why would someone being trying to kill you?”

Steve shook his head. “I’ve got no idea. But life has gotten a bit weird in the last day.”

As they moved to the bench they both favoured, Steve explained to Gus about the events of the last day. The great sales result after he had held the vision and feeling of sales success and then the devastation of arriving home to find his kids sitting alone in the house, which had been stripped of everything of value. Steve went on to detail the discovery of the bank accounts having raided of every cent that he owned and how angry he felt with Jenny and what she had done. He finished with getting the number one car spot and the ensuing car accident apparently involving the car that had just tried to kill him.

“The SUV hitting someone in the car spot you’ve just left doesn’t seem to be a coincidence, does it?” Steve questioned.

“No it doesn’t.” agreed Gus. “It seems that the attempt in the park might have been their second go.”

“Wow!” Steve exclaimed. “Who the hell would want me dead? I mean. I’m just a nobody.”

“Someone thinks their life would be better off without you around.”

“What do I do? Do I go to the police and tell them that I think someone is trying to kill me? They’ll think crazy!”

“Yes. It all seems a little implausible. They might just laugh at you.”

“And Jenny. I’m just so angry that I could kill her! If she were here, you’d have to restrain me. What she has done to me and the kids is just terrible.”

“You’re right it’s awful. You have every right to feel that way. “

“I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to forgive her.” Confessed Steve.

“But soon enough you’ll have to work through your anger. Other wise you’ll just be consumed by it and that doesn’t lead to a happy life.” Advised Gus.

“You might be right, but at the moment I don’t see how I could forgive her” Grumbled Steve.

 “I have always found that it’s better to focus on the things I want now, than focussing on the bad things that have happened,” Gus advised

“You know I’m sure I’ve always done the exact opposite. I get so worked up about all the problems that I have and worry about how I’m going to solve them. I always feel overwhelmed by how bad I feel about problems. It often makes me feel stuck.”

“And then what happens? Do you find the problems keep on coming.”

“Yeah. Like with my sales. I’ve been so consumed with the fact I was not making sales and that I might lose my job, Their didn’t seem to be a way out. My results just got worse and worse.”

“Then it’s seems as though you keep re-living the same stories over and over again.” Agreed Gus.

“Yeah like with my marriage with Jenny. Money always seemed to be a problem.  Every time it looked like we might be getting somewhere, some sort of disaster would strike or all these unexpected bills would arrive and we would be back struggling again. Even when things looked good, all I did was worry about money. Just waiting for the next problem”

“Of course. That’s how most people operate. They feel money is scarce and so they’re seemingly always focussed on whether they have enough. That’s why you keep falling back. You’re focussing on not having money instead what it would be like to have money and be prosperous. Remember! Think what you want!”

“So that’s why yesterday I took your advice and focussed on how I wanted it to be and not worrying about not making sales and getting sacked it all. And viole! I’ve even got a meeting this afternoon for what will be the biggest deal of my career! That can’t be coincidence. Can it?”

 “No I don’t think so. Congratulations!”

“Thanks.” Said Steve.

“So, Think what you want! Don’t focus on how bad things are. Instead focus on how good you’d like things to be. Notice how good this feels, then the good things can only come to your life.”

“How does that happen?”

“Well I have always found when my thoughts and feelings were good. Good things happen. I also found that if allowed myself to wallow in misery and only seemed to perpetuate things.  Things just always seemed to get worse.”

“Really?”

“So along time ago I decided to focus only on the positive things in my life. Hence, ‘Think what you want’. I found it helped keep my thoughts positive and once I started it didn’t take long for things to go well for me.”

“Wow.”

“It wasn’t easy at first. Like you, I had learnt in my early life to constantly focus on problems and trouble. Always on the look out for the next disaster and wondering when my money would run out. But slowly I learnt how to maintain a positive outlook on life and so have enjoyed many great things.”

“No joke.” Exclaimed Steve.

“No joke. Some people call it the Law of Attraction. Some call it positive thinking. Others call it positive thinking. No matter what you call it, I have found that the universe responds to your thoughts with like conditions in your life.”

“I’ve heard of the I am Attraction. It’s been on daytime TV! Jenny was going on about at one stage.”

“ Yes it’s certainly made the talk shows. It just means ‘like is attracted to like life’. Hence ‘think what you want!’ ”

“That’s amazing. So to get what I want I, should think about what I want, not about the hell I’ve been through or how bad people have been to me.”

Steve starts to get it.

“That’s right!”

“So instead of plotting revenge on Jenny and being furious about the position I am I need to focus on where I want to be.”

“Now you get it.”

“But revenge and retaliation can be so satisfying.”

“I know it’s hard not to be vengeful. You want others to suffer as you have suffered. But this will only hold you in a negative place and it becomes difficult for joy and happiness to come into your life.” Replied Gus

“I reckon it can be difficult to move past the hurt and anger.”

“Nobody said it’s easy, but the results can be stunning.”

“How do you know about this stuff?” Quizzed Steve.

Gus laughs. “I’m an older man who has had many teachers and many experiences.”

“So I need to focus on creating positively and not focus on the negatives of my past.”

But he was talking to himself. Gus had disappeared, as if into thin air.

No comments:

Post a Comment